Monday, April 12, 2010

Instant Oatmeal

So, I went to the doctor last week and we discussed how I am a moo (not the official medical term, I'm sure) and how I have to lose weight.

But I promise you there will be lots of YUMMY healthful recipes in this part. I take the "die" out of diet, I promise.

I was just telling a friend how back before I was lazy, I used to make my own instant oatmeal. I know that sounds pretty lame, but it's tastier than the instant Quaker Oatmeal I just hacked down, and it's a lot cheaper too.

So, without further adieu, here is how to make your own instant oatmeal.

Get yourself some little ziploc baggies and fill each one with:

1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 T dry, nonfat milk
1 packet of splenda (I'm totally going to try the brown sugar splenda)
2 T raisins (or whatever dry fruit blows your skirt up)
and a shake of ground cinnamon

Just add hot water, and there you have a warm, delicious breakfast.

Stay tuned for some more recipes. People have been asking about my beer chicken, so don't drink all your Miller Lite, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow RichardsLJ on Twitter