Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 Recipe Challenge

If there's anyone still reading this blog, my apologies for sucking at maintaining it. However, you're in luck, because I have issued myself a challenge, and it's going to take place right here.

There are 51 weeks left in 2012. And for each of those 51 weeks, I am going to try at least one new recipe. It might be a drink, appetizer, entree, side dish or dessert, but it will be brand new, and it will be posted here, along with commentary and (I hope!) photos.

And, I am in the process of assembling a team of guinea pigs for the test kitchen. So, it won't just be my opinion on the dish, but the opinions of those I force to eat whatever it is. There might even be videos if I can get them to do that. Allegedly my new smart phone can capture all this stuff.

I'm hoping to expand my repertoire of Southern dishes, but my constant need for stretchy pants means there will be some waistline-friendly meals as well. If you have any special requests, feel free to drop me a line in the comments.

Tomorrow's dish is Crockpot barbecue beef, so stay tuned for an update later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow RichardsLJ on Twitter