Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beer chicken

I am going to go ahead and post my beer chicken recipe. Also easy. And also with commentary, because I always have commentary :)

Most people grill beer chicken. If you have a grill, that will be better. If you live in a development with moronic grill rules, then you roast it in your oven. It is still delicious, I promise.

If you have one of those holders for putting the beer can up the chicken's butt, use that. If not, just make sure the can gets in there enough for the chicken to not fall over.

Open a 12-ounce can of your favorite frosty beer. Take a big glug out of it or pour a little down the drain. Some people wedge a piece of lemon, rosemary, garlic or something else delicious down in the can. I am sure that would liven it up a little. Poke some holes at the top of the can so the beer steam can get out and flavor the chicken.

Then I cover my chicken in Rendezvous grill rub, inside and out. Get it under the skin too. You can buy this grill rub online or at Rendezvous or the Memphis airport gift shop, or you can use this recipe to make your own. I really cover the chicken with rub.

Next, stick the can inside the chicken's cavity. If you don't have one of those holders, use the can and the chicken's legs to balance it for cooking. I just put it on 350 in the oven for about two hours.

It really is tasty, and I usually use the leftovers to make chicken salad the next day!

Note: I just realized that some of my "recipes" are just crazy ass instructions and you probably all sit at home going "Huh?" when you read them. If you ever have any questions or I don't make sense, just leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow RichardsLJ on Twitter