Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Recipe-o-rama

Thursday night, we had chicken breasts marinated in that McCormick mojito lime marinade. It was good.

Friday for lunch we had tuna melts and tomato soup (because I couldn't decide between grilled cheese or tuna). Friday for dinner was homemade gnocchi (recipe coming soon) and leftover spaghetti sauce from last week's pizza and Martha White cheddar biscuits, which tasted like the ones from Red Lobster.

Saturday, I made pulled pork in the crock-pot and learned two things: the secret is homemade sauce and cole slaw AND using a butt roast instead of a pork shoulder. Yes, it's fattier (but easy to get the fat off), but there's no bone to deal with. I also made fried green tomatoes, and we tried our hand at some fried pickles. There will be recipes for all this yummy goodness soon enough.

Sunday we had fish tacos for dinner. I also made homemade biscuits and gravy for breakfast (OK, the biscuits not-so-homemade) and made a pumpkin pie from scratch. No cheater crust. And it was easy!

Tonight is spaghetti and meatballs. And soon enough, I will have all of this stuff posted for you. I think my laptop is going to the hospital Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow RichardsLJ on Twitter