Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ribs

I had some ribs in my freezer that I had been meaning to cook. And since I am on super budget until my new roommates arrive, I decided to cook them. I tried something new, and it was so super delicious that I had to share (and super easy, but you don't have to tell your guests!)

Instead of cooking the ribs all day in water, I decided to cover the bottom of the crock pot with beer. I just used Miller Lite, and it was just a few ounces. It literally just covered the bottom.

Then I put whole slices of onion down in the beer, also covering the bottom of the crock pot. I sprinkled salt and pepper on the ribs and then put them in the crock pot and cooked on low all day.

I can't explain how delicious my house smelled when I got home. Then I covered the ribs (in the crock pot) with barbecue sauce while I cooked up the sides -- baked beans, mac and cheese and cole slaw.

Excellent meal. Perfect for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow RichardsLJ on Twitter