Thursday, December 2, 2010

Coming attractions

The best thing about being on vacation and just sitting around my mom's house doing nothing but playing with my nephew is that I got to watch some Food Network and Cooking Channel today. I got some great ideas for some goodies from Giada deLaurentiis, and I got to watch 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray. And today's topic on Rachael's show was warm-weather foods, which means yummy sandwiches (which I could hit her for calling "sammies," but other than that I love her...) and soups. So I am definitely making the grilled cheeses with watercress and the stuffed cabbage "stoup" (is it stew? soup? No one knows!). However, on her sandwich recipe, I think I am going to use chow-chow relish, because it seems like what a southern person would do. Not that I am southern, but I do live in the south and I do love southern food.

I am heading back home tomorrow, which means supper in a sack. I hate it, but since it's about to get phased out of my diet, I guess we should enjoy it while it lasts.

No idea what I'm cooking Saturday. I do know that I am going to be cleaning and starting to decorate for Christmas. I am thinking maybe take-out is in my future.

Sunday is shepherd's pie for our all-day Colin Firth movie marathon. Something English only seemed right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow RichardsLJ on Twitter