Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I've mostly been letting everyone else do the cooking for Christmas. That was nice.

For New Year's, I am debating whether or not to make my big Polish feast. It's pretty time-consuming, but it's also pretty delicious. And might be a good way to ring in the new year and have one last hurrah before the big diet. We'll see.

If I do, this will be the menu:
Kluski with kielbasa and cabbage
Cabbage rolls
Pierogi

Just typing it out makes me hungry. The good thing about being a Pole is that we are not a wealthy people, and it wouldn't take much to make this. I have eggs, flour and potatoes, so I'd just need a pack of sausage, a head of cabbage, some sauerkraut. I think cabbage is on sale at Kroger this week.

Oh, who am I kidding? I am totally going to do it, and it's totally going to be delicious! Stay tuned for recipes, although these will definitely be Grandma's "throw a little of this in" kind of recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow RichardsLJ on Twitter