Friday, January 22, 2010

Batter-baked pizza

As I mentioned, my mom cut this recipe out of the newspaper over 30 years ago, and I have never been able to find it by Google or anything else. So, now you will all have it too. And since I've been making it since college, I don't have actual instructions. Bear with me. If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section.

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish.

Batter: Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 4 eggs, 1 cup milk in a bowl until well mixed. Set aside.

Brown some hamburger or italian sausage in a skillet, you can add onions and mushrooms if you wish. I put a little garlic powder in there too.

Once the meat mixture is done, put the batter in the greased pan. Add HALF of the meat mixture and then sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on the top.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Once the batter has cooked, add either pizza or spaghetti sauce until you make a layer. Add the other half of the meat mixture and then whatever other toppings you want (olives, pepperoni, banana peppers, etc. -- last night, I used thinly sliced kielbasa instead of pepperoni), then cover with mozzarella cheese.

Bake again until cheese is melted.

Let it stand for a few minutes before serving so the cheese can set up. You may want to eat this "pizza" with a fork, because it can be messy.

I had steamed veggies with it last night, and today I had a salad with the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow RichardsLJ on Twitter